January 5, 2011

amazing art: erika iris simmons


Share/Bookmark

i love the incredible works of artist iri5 aka Erika Iris Simmons. Ghost in the Machine is a collection of portraits of musicians and actors made from recycled cassette tape, film and reels. WOW.


bob marley

beatles

van morrison

jimi hendrix

marilyn monroe

alfred hitchcock

audrey hepburn

Ghost in the Machine
"In this series I showcase a number of portraits of musicians made out of recycled cassette tape with original cassette. Also included are portraits made from old film and reels. The idea comes from a phrase (ironically) coined by philosopher Gilbert Ryle, a description of how your spirit lives in your body. I imagine we are all, like cassettes, thoughts wrapped up in awkward packaging."
- Erika Iris Simmons



some other amazing pieces
made of paper
from books, music and playing cards


oscar wilde

shakespeare

the dance

lady luck paisley

beethoven

the process!

all photos by the artist
link to Erika Iris Simmons' flickr stream


If you liked this post, please let me know in a comment! You can also get updates from this blog by email through this form or by subscribing or following me (links below or in my sidebar).

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
leave me a comment
follow me / subscribe in a reader / subscribe by email
link back
check out my other art posts




by liberal sprinkles





.

0 comments:

Post a Comment