February 28, 2011

Blue Monday with Smiling Sally


Share/Bookmark




Hi, I'm joining Sally's Blue Monday at Smiling Sally today. It's my first time, I hope you find it interesting! These are some amazing blues that I came across in my tumblr and that I blogged about this week.




phone booth aquarium created by
Benoit Deseille and Benedetto Bufalino
An aquarium repurposed from a phone booth for the Lyon Light Festival in 2007. Old phone booths have been recycled into all sorts of things, from libraries to grocery stores to toilets and more. More non-blue photos of fascinating new uses for old payphones at  Recycling: repurposed English red phone booths ~ liberal sprinkles

Hiding in the City - Dragon Series, No. 3 of 10 panels
by Liu Bolin via Eli Klein Fine Art
Hiding in the City No. 14 - Er Guo Tou White Wine Factory
by Liu Bolin via Artnet
Hiding in the City No. 92- Temple of Heaven
by Liu Bolin via Artnet
 
Did you spot the guy?? These incredible photos are the creations of Chinese artist Liu Bolin, who has perfected the art of becoming an invisible man by blending into the background at locations he choses. He has two assistants paint his body camouflage. You can see more photos of Liu Bolin's disappearing act and other artists who have done similar work at my post Invisible Man: Liu Bolin ~ liberal sprinkles


and from my tumblr and my pinterest

Hunters by nokkasili

Morning Glory Pool - Yellowstone National Park by Robby Edwards

Anacapa Arch, Channel Islands by Zachary Caron

Blue Horizon, Wildflowers, Tehachapi, California

Flower Fields in Carlsbad, California by Alex Maclea

Santorini, Greece by marcelgermain

Skaftafell, Iceland by lichtjahre

The Great Blue Hole, Beliz

Thanks for reading!


if you enjoyed this post, why not...
leave me a comment
follow me / subscribe
link back
check out my other posts
visit my tumblr






by liberal sprinkles

17 comments:

Bahchi said...

Oh my! That is one unique aquarium! And I see Santorini here which is one of my favorite places on Earth!

Happy Monday, Grace!

Bahchi

Adie said...

Thanks for stopping by Ode to Adrienne, Grace. You have a wonderful presentation of Blue Monday here. I love it! :)

Sherry said...

Gorgeous places to visit, Grace! Happy Blue Monday!

Kelly Mac said...

Great pictures! Thanks for starting my day in such a beautiful way.

SmilingSally said...

I love those blues!

Happy 1st Blue Monday, Grace.

Fex said...

wow...I love the pictures...looks so nice

Craft n Fashion said...

ohh..that's looks so lovely especially the aquarium

http://craftnfashion.info/?p=586

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Oh, my gosh, Grace! Thank you so much for showing us all of those. I wouldn't have seen them otherwise. The photos are all beautiful and intriguing, but the painting of the towers really spoke to my heart.

I hope that you have a wonderful week. God bless!

Kathy

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeous! I am now following your blog.

My Blue Monday

AMY said...

Love the blue photo's!
I'm a new follower.
Amy's Life

Barbara Rosenzweig said...

Wow! For a first Blue Monday posting, this is a knockout!

Hope to see you again, soon.

I'm your new follower.
Barb

p.s. This is only my second time and I'm new to blogging.

Unknown said...

Hello,
Those images are fantastic!!!1


kisses xxxxxx

Ann said...

All breathtaking blue's. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for stopping by my blog today.
Ann

Donnie said...

Wonderful and usual photos. Great share.

ellen b. said...

Beautiful images with blue! Happy blue Monday to you!

LV said...

I am so glad you joined us today for Blue Monday. You have some very pretty and different blues. Loved your blog and post. Always happy to see a new blogger drop by for a visit.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

the blur fish in blue water are elegant.

what a tickling blue post, loved all the shots.

cheers.

Post a Comment