March 25, 2011

Book Blurb Friday - Path of Dreams


Share/Bookmark

I never thought I would be writing fiction when I started this blog but I'm always game for adventures. There have been many firsts for me this year, blogging is fun that way.

Photobucket
This is my entry for this week's Book Blurb Friday. The meme was the idea of Lisa Ricard Claro of Writing in the Buff. Every week, she posts a photo that acts as the cover of the fictional book you'll be promoting. You have a week to study the photo, write your blurb and then show off your masterpiece of 150 words or less a week later.

I was inspired into writing my first book blurb last week by a photo taken by Kathy Matthews of Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy. This week's photo came from Kathy, too.


Path of Dreams

Leanna gasped. She had seen this in her dreams. Dreams that had come to her every night for the past week. Every door in the corridor would lead her down a different path: adventure, romance, fantasy or glory. In her dreams, she had caught a glimpse of where each would lead but the kaleidoscope views always faded as she stood on the periphery, uncertain and hesitant.

Her conscious mind told her she should turn around. But she couldn’t ignore the excitement she felt at the possibilities the unknown presented. Yes, it was time to move on and leave behind her familiar but passionless and prosaic life.

Which door will Leanna choose? Join her as she moves down her Path of Dreams.

(124 words with title)

Please visit Lisa's blogpost to see what other creative souls saw in the photo!

if you enjoyed this post, why not...
leave me a comment
follow me / subscribe
link back
read my first book blurb

my recent posts
Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap
doodling with Pea Maia and Pea Mumble

Buy 2 books and get our featured book FREE on a Friday!



by liberal sprinkles

19 comments:

Margo Benson said...

Lovely blurb! I used to imagine our old attic taking me to other realms so I'd definatley read this!

Sioux Roslawski said...

I love the connection between the photo and dreams. And with all those varied possibilities, what a difficult decision to make...

Bookie said...

Seeing this scene in her dreams...nice touch. Will reality win out or the dream world have the control...let's read on.

Jenners said...

Now this is a book I would read!! I wish dreams were set up this way: I'd choose the "sex with Brad Pitt" door every night!

Good job!

Lynn said...

I'm a fan of dreams, so I love this and want to read the book! Very intriguing!

liberal sprinkles said...

Thanks for the comments! I often wonder what my dreams are telling me. I had a lot more vivid and crazy dreams when I was a teen. Maybe I got boring after growing up!

Jenners, you'd have to make sure
Angelina Jolie isn't on the other side. She can kick butt!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Grace, your story is wonderful. I love the non-haunted take that you have on the photo. I would love to read the rest.

How did I feel when I saw the face the wall ... well, I didn't see it until I got home and got it onto the computer. To tell you the truth, I probably jumped back for a minute, but I'm getting very used to seeing them in my photos this year.

Thanks so much for the shout out, and I really appreciate the nice things you said!

Have a wonderful weekend,

Kathy

Fireblossom said...

Don't forget to swipe the key ring from the super!

Patty said...

Life is often a series of doors, waiting to be opened; choosing the right ones, well, that represents our joys..or sorrows.

Dreams that follow remind us of good choices..or mistakes.

Very, very much enjoyed this post.


Patty

jabblog said...

This sounds like romantic writing at its best - no nasty surprises behind the doors (well, perhaps just little ones) every one a winner. A book to make the reader sigh with pleasure:-)

liberal sprinkles said...

Kathy, you're welcome, credit where it's due! I thought that face was something everyone knew about! Wow, what a spooky discovery. And you've seen others?? I think I'd get spooked everytime!

Fireblossoms, I think the door opens automatically for Leanna. If she got stuck and hated her choice, I'm not sure any key would help anyway...

Jabblog, I guess we could work romance into any of the paths!

Patty, I try not to look back and think "what if...." It could bring a lot of heartache. Better to move forward despite having made "wrong" choices. The journey is probably as important as the outcome, no?

Have a great weekend everyone!

Linda O'Connell said...

Great take on this. I had a dream once about corridors, and when I went on a tour of my new school, I had been there in my dreams!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

I love the dream angle! I've been trying to journal my dreams lately (after reading Kelly Stone's "Thinking Write") so this perked my interest right up! It is full of possibilities!

Susan Fobes said...

What's behind door #2? I was thinking about the doors, but couldn't get my thoughts around them. Good job!

Tony Benson said...

Great blurb! I love the idea she's following her dream, but even though she's making a choice she doesn't know where it will lead.

liberal sprinkles said...

Linda, I've come across such situations too, when I see something for the first time in my life but I can swear I've seen it before. Our subconscious goes places, I'm sure!

Lisa, I would love to document my dreams but I have only boring ones nowadays and if they're exciting, I get up right when the good stuff starts!

Susan, whatever you want!

Tony, a bit of mystery in this one, but nothing sinister (I think) like last week!

Tammy said...

Very cool possibilities with this! Great take!

Ms.Daisy said...

I like the fact that each door is different and she can choose which one she'll open. Life is like that sometimes, isn't it, we choose which path we will take for good or bad. But, we learn with each experience, hopefully!


~Jean

liberal sprinkles said...

Tammy, it's a book anyone could write, so many doors and possiblities!

Ms Daisy, you're so right! It's not always easy to choose which path to take. Whatever happens, I try not to ever wish I could go back in time and choose differently. Better to make the best of whatever I've got and where I find myself.

Thanks for visiting!
Grace

Post a Comment