March 12, 2011

sew pink and wonderful


Share/Bookmark

oh dear I haven't had time to work on a post for Pink Saturday and Blue Monday. Here's a quickish one to share a few lovelies I found on the Internet.


art quilt by Tara Anderson (the pink couch)
My goodness, isn't this gorgeous? No measurements, no directions, raw edges, repurposed fabric. I love it! What a fabulous idea, even a hopeless sewer like I am could try it! I saw this photo on Pinterest and clicked over to Tara's blog to take a look, she has close-up photos of some of the blocks in her post. yum yum.



mini quilt by Lynne at Lily's Quilt
I adore this quilt! It's a sample block made by Lynne at Lily's Quilt for a sew-along. I'm so tempted to join, but I've never pieced a quilt in my life, I've only been sewing - sporadically - for a little over a year, I still can't sew straight!! and I'm pretty hopeless at measuring and cutting... Hmm, I think I'll try something easier first, like Tara's or a MINI stripe quilt. In the meantime, I'll go back and stare at that photo every once in a while. I'm not normally a fan of dresdens, they look so old-fashioned, but I like these fresh colours and the fabrics from the Sherbet Pips collection by Moda (especially the scooters, so cute!).

If you like to sew and want to join the sew-along, go on over to Lynne's blog Lily's Quilts for all the details.


To round off, some photos I stumbled across in Pinterest this week.

Mount Rundle from Banff National Park, by Darren B15


You're frozen when your heart's not open, by pixelmama
Do you see the little heart there? Love is everywhere!



wild mushrooms by cannelle et vanille
cor this just makes me want to wander the forests in
search of treasures. I could eat mushrooms everyday.



igloo under northern light by themunchkin
I'm in awe. This reminds me how small
we are in the big scheme of things.




Ayers Rock, photo by Mark Laricchia via national geographic

The wonders - and power - of nature. We saw this in the tragedy that struck Japan this week. My heart goes out to the people there.
Japan earthquake and tsunami: How to help (yahoo! news)

Thanks to Beverly at How Sweet The Sound for hosting Pink Saturday, and to Sally at SmilingSally for Blue Monday.

Thank you for reading. If you are a subscriber, I would love to know who you are :) You can find my email at my profile page.


if you enjoyed this post, why not...
leave me a comment
follow me / subscribe
link back
check out my other posts
visit my tumblr
visit my pinterest




by liberal sprinkles

23 comments:

gengen said...

Wow this are pretty pink stuffs specially the quilts...Happy Pink Saturday...

Dru said...

Beautiful post - love the art quilt! And the pink ice heart - what a find! Happy Pink Saturday to you. Dru

Custom Comforts said...

Love the pink quilts and frozen ice formation. So delicate and pretty.
Cindy

Anonymous said...

That picture wih the igloo in it....wow...takes your breathe away!!!! so amazing!!!

Splenderosa said...

You are definitely my kind of girl. Beautiful post. I'm following. xx's

Deanna said...

Wow, on the magnificent photos.

You should join that sew-a-long...everybody should try something at least once..lol!

Happy Pink and Green Saturday
Deanna :D

Fleur de Bee said...

I don't quilt but I do appreciate all the work into those quilts. WOW! Beautiful photos! Happy Pink Sat!

Gypsea Nurse said...

Happy PS!... Your quilts are beautiful.. but I so love the Heart is frozen pic...
Smiles~
Cricket

liberal sprinkles said...

Thanks for the comments!

Cat & Cricket,
the quilts are not mine! I wish!! They are the works of Tara Anderson (the pink couch) and Lynne (Lily's Quilt). They did such a wonderful job, didn't they?

Deanne,
I may still try, once I built some confidence with an easier quilt!

Rostrose said...

Great nature-images (and I love the little icy heart, too :o)) and lovely quilts!
Warm hugs from Austria, Traude

Cindy Lew's Studio said...

Good Morning,

Didn't get a chance to respond to my visitors yesterday because I was busy and seems like there is always so many beautiful pink things to look at, besides for everything else that is ones site.

Thanks for stopping. Have a wonderful day.

Warm Wishes, CindyLew

AMY said...

Love the pictures! Beautiful little heart in the ice....very cool!

I came here from CommentLove....I already follow you! Great blog!

I'm going to check your Pinterest now too.
mine is....Pinterest.com/amyjacob/

TriGirl said...

Thanks for stopping by my site! What a beautiful collection of photos :) Have a lovely Sunday!

Angela said...

Those quilts are so pretty. Someday I am going to have time to learn to do that!

Amisha said...

Gorgeous pictures! The very first quilt project has so many fun colors.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. And those quilts are gorgeous! Thank you for stopping by my blog yesterday. Happy belated PS.

Angie
Linen & Verbena

Becky McNeer said...

i really enjoyed this post. thanks for showing that everything is beautiful.

January Zelene said...

wow. gorgeous indeed!

Invitation & Giveaways
Maroon & Violet

Dena E's Blog said...

Such stunningly BEAUTIFUL images Sweetie.
May you know Christ's blessings through your new week...
Hugs and Prayers~~~Dena

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, I love everything! especially the quilts!!!
XO

Joyful said...

Beautiful.. The tops photos look like quilts.

SmilingSally said...

I love that igloo photo.

Happy Blue Monday.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeous!

My blues, have a nice day!

Post a Comment