August 9, 2011

typography: PBS Off Books, Noodlor on type


Share/Bookmark

more on typography ... a video and an infographic

[ read my earlier post on type and fonts ]


A short PBS film on typography, on the pervasiveness of type around us and interviews with some font designers.



Off Book | Typography | PBS Arts

A short description of the film

Type is everywhere. Every print publication, website, movie, advertisement and public message involves the creation or selection of a fitting typeface. Online, a rich and artistic typographical culture exists, where typefaces are created and graphic design seeps in to every image.

In episode 2 of Off Book, typeface designers Jonathan Hoefler and Tobias Frere-Jones outline the importance of selecting the right font to convey a particular feeling. Graphic designer Paula Scher talks about building identity in messaging, while Eddie Opara uses texture to create reaction. Infographic designers Julia Vakser and Deroy Peraza map complicated data sets into digestible imagery, mixing color, graphics and type.



A guide to typography by Noodlor.


A quick and comprehensive typeguide by Noodlor
[ via Zubeta.com ]


[ check out my typography posts ]
[ see my other posts on design ]
[ check out my other infographics posts ]
[ check out my other video posts ]


please leave me a message if you enjoyed this.
You can follow me on Twitter or get updates from this blog by
following me (click on the Google Friend Connect "follow this blog" button at the top of my sidebar) or
subscribing by email through this form



Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner




by liberal sprinkles