January 24, 2011

yuya ushida design


Share/Bookmark







































Designer Yuya Ushida's SOFA_XXXX is both a chair and a sofa.
The expandable piece is made from 8,000 chopsticks, rings and joints.
Three 70kg people can sit on the sofa at the same time.
A closer look:





SOFA_XXXX created by yuya ushida
from yuya ushida on Vimeo.


some of his other creations

bulky wallet






Bulky Wallet, made out of cans.
(inspiration for a jewel-studded bag!)


mantis
















MANTIS chair to maintain good body posture. 
(hmmm, not sure i'd want to sit on it...)























If you liked this post, please let me know in a comment! You can also get updates from this blog by email through this form or by subscribing or following me (links below or in my sidebar).

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
leave me a comment
follow me / subscribe in a reader / subscribe by email
link back
check out my other art posts


DIY

















by liberal sprinkles

1 comments:

online gambling said...

You've a very nice blog. My friends referred it to me. Looks like everybody knows about, just me, until now. I'm going to read your other posts,too. Take care. Keep sharing.

Post a Comment