May 5, 2011

now featuring: Disqus comments for posts


Share/Bookmark

Hello my blog friends, I have a new commenting system!! Please let me know if you have any problems with it, or if you like or hate it! Or just leave me a comment to say hi anyway :)

I've been wanting to add some interactivity to the blog, so you may have seen the "share" and Facebook like buttons. I've now integrated the Disqus commenting system into Blogger (hopefully?). It doesn't work so well with Mozilla Firefox, I can't see the link to the comments page on my main page, at least not on my Firefox browser, but it seems to work fine for individual posts and with the other browsers. Disqus allows you to reply to specific comments, which I like. Now, if I can only figure out how to email my replies directly to each commenter... If you know, please tell me!

Thanks for bearing with the changes on the blog! If you're a new follower or subscriber, hello! I love feedback, so please considering leaving me some comments on my posts so we can get to know each other :)

15 comments:

Lynn said...

Okay, I'm trying out the new comment thing.

Bluezy ! said...

Not bad...I tried this a while ago on my blog because the facebook share feature on blogger didn't seem to work when I used a blog generator and not their templates. I have figured out how to use their templates to my liking. I think when I turned off or on my old comments were deleted_LOL all two of them!LOL.

Bluezy ! said...

OH yea I like how you can use whatever login you want. Nice. And your comment management is all centralized on their web sites and you get the where from and IP stuff a blog counter gives you, huh?

liberal sprinkles said...

yeah it takes getting used to, i'm still trying to figure out how to work some of the features and customize others. I seem to have lost some of my Blogger functions too, still haven't managed to get them back!

liberal sprinkles said...

i wonder if its possible to set it up so i can just manage the comments from Blogger. I have too many windows opened right now! But I like being able to reply to each comment individually, can't do this in Blogger..

Bluezy ! said...

Not bad...I tried this a while ago on my blog because the facebook share feature on blogger didn't seem to work when I used a blog generator and not their templates. I have figured out how to use their templates to my liking. I think when I turned off or on my old comments were deleted_LOL all two of them!LOL.

Bluezy ! said...

Not bad...I tried this a while ago on my blog because the facebook share feature on blogger didn't seem to work when I used a blog generator and not their templates. I have figured out how to use their templates to my liking. I think when I turned off or on my old comments were deleted_LOL all two of them!LOL.

mediarama said...

Im trying out the share on facebook button. For some reason it wont work on my site.

mediarama said...

Im trying out the share on facebook button. For some reason it wont work on my site.

Stewdio Stix said...

Hey there. I've been running the system on my blog now for a little over a week I think. It's hosted on Blogger as well, just using a custom domain.

What I Was hoping to ask you is, I was wondering if there is a setting to apply somewhere to get peoples Profile name to automatically link to their blogspot when using google sign in.

Martín Soto Escageda said...

I'm using disqus right now and testing it... Is way better that the regular wordpress comments system, but I still need to tune it a bit...

Martín Soto Escageda said...

Using Disqus right now and loving it :)

MartiEscageda said...

Does the FAceBook Share in the comment box works for you??? It doesn't seem to work in my site...

MartiEscageda said...

Does it work?

liberal sprinkles said...

I don't know. You'll have to try and share it and let me know. I think some of the tabs need a bit of customizing so the phrases and links shared are the ones you wish to have.

Post a Comment