January 25, 2011

Cheeming Boey art


Share/Bookmark


disposable styrofoam cups + sharpie pens + great imagination = cool art for keeps :)
"Just because it's on something cheap, on something disposable, 
doesn't mean it has to be disposable."  
- Cheeming Boey

from Cheeming Boey's flickr
Cheeming Boey works as a game designer and animator in Newport Beach, California, during the day. After hours, he relaxes by drawing on styrofoam coffee cups with a sharpie. The result is a series of 2D picture with a unique 360 degree perspective on a rare art medium. 
"You can look at images of my cups, but it's just not the same. It's kind of like a sculpture. You have to walk around it to really see it."


read
* an interview with Cheeming Boey here
* another interview at OC Weekly
* one more interview at the Sharpie blog

see how he works in this video:



visit Cheeming Boey and buy his art. His cups have sold for US$140-$540.


If you liked this post, please let me know in a comment! You can also get updates from this blog by email through this form or by subscribing or following me (links below or in my sidebar).

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
leave me a comment
follow me / subscribe in a reader / subscribe by email
link back
check out my other art posts



by liberal sprinkles

1 comments:

Oh, My Darling said...

Wow, what a uniquely cool medium for art!!

Post a Comment