January 19, 2011

queensland flood facts 1st edition


Share/Bookmark

this post was updated February 12 with much more info. click here to read

Queensland flood facts


THE WAR ZONE
3/4 of Queensland has been declared a disaster zone  - an area larger than Texas and California combined.

Death toll: >30

People affected: 2.1 million 

Damages: may hit A$20 billion, 1.5% of GDP. 28,000 homes need to be rebuilt


Nature's fury in pictures here, here, here, here


How you can help:
* donate to Queensland Government Flood Relief Appeal
* check out auctions/raffles list at Make It Perfect
* my auction is here



"Miracle girl" alive!

Police on Tuesday released a photo of a woman caught in a flash flood in Toowoomba to get help identifying her and find out if she survived. Hannah Reardon-Smith did survive her ordeal.



If you liked this post, please leave me a comment! You can also get updates from this blog by email through this form or by subscribing or following me (links below or in my sidebar).

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
leave me a comment
follow me / subscribe in a reader / subscribe by email
link back
check out my other facts posts



by liberal sprinkles

0 comments:

Post a Comment