August 6, 2011

Amen by Jessica Hiltout: Africa and football


Share/Bookmark

My first ever blogpost last year was about photographer Jessica Hiltout's book Amen, which was launched at the time of the football (soccer) World Cup in South Africa. The book explores through photography what  football means to Africans, many of whom can't even afford to play with a real ball so they do so with a makeshift one. You can read the book online - it's beautiful, tells a great story and is really wonderfully presented. Well worth looking at even though it takes some time to load due to the large number of photos in it. I saw this video today about Hiltout talking about the book. Some of the photos in the book are exhibited in the shoot. Enjoy.



AMEN by tvideoworks


[ check out my likes and discoveries ]
[ check out my video posts ]
[ check out my photo posts ]



please leave me a message if you enjoyed this.
You can follow me on Twitter or get updates from this blog by
following me (click on the Google Friend Connect "follow this blog" button at the top of my sidebar) or
subscribing by email through this form



Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner




by liberal sprinkles