May 15, 2011

Shadow Shot: Floating into the Future from a Distant Past


Share/Bookmark

Shadow Shot Sunday
I had a super self-imposed Internet-free three days. If you've been reading my blog, you'll know this is a big deal for me. I'm totally addicted to websurfing. Glad to say there's still hope for me! Actually I wanted to lay off the computer completely but I did turn it on for a couple hours yesterday to download and organize some photos I'd taken. I saw so many fantastic things in my real world and have loads to share, hope I'll get around to some of it eventually, you know how I'm always discovering new stuff and wanting to write about them.

I thought I'd write my first Shadow Shot Sunday post.
I've come across several shadow memes in my blogreading and have been wanting to join as I've always liked to mess around with shadows in my photos. I haven't had a chance to look through my old photos so I'm glad I got these shots last week.

Floating into the Future from a Distant Past by Tiffany Chung

The shadows are cast by an installation piece by Vietnamese-born artist Tiffany Chung, which was on display at the Singapore Biennale. She  created an imaginary floating village on the Mekong river to explore the idea of what a sustainable community could be amid rapid urbanisation, global warming and rising sea levels. The artwork is suspended from the ceiling. This is a wider angle view of it. Apologies for the darkness and fuzziness, it was moving and I couldn't use a flash in the exhibition hall.


Floating into the Future from a Distant Past by Tiffany Chung


There were several other works from Chung, including this.



Up and Down the River: Migration of the Fish by Tiffany Chung


I love this mixed media piece, embroidered with beads, grommets and buttons on canvas. Look at the details (sorry, fuzzy! the shadows on these shots are due to bad photography!).


Up and Down the River: Migration of the Fish by Tiffany Chung

Linking this post to





Thanks for reading, please leave me a comment if you enjoyed this.You can also follow me on Twitter 

or get updates from this blog by
subscribing in a reader
following me (click on the Google Friend Connect "follow this blog" button at the top of my sidebar) or
subscribing by email through this form

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner



by liberal sprinkles