August 19, 2011

why Japanese don't loot and a fun link


Share/Bookmark

Good reads


:: Want to know why there was hardly any looting in Japan after the terrible earthquake and tsunami that devastated the north-east in March? Read this article in Slate: Stop Thief! Thank You. Among the reasons might be official financial incentives given to people who return lost items, a practice that is inculcated into them from a young age. GOOD magazine, quoting police estimates, reported that Japanese citizens had turned in $78 million in cash and valuables found amid the rubble. Fascinating.


:: A different kinda link, a fun one. Check out the drunken handiwork of partygoers at GOOD magazine's launch party for its upcoming new issue. The theme of the issue is data, so GOOD got its guests to do draw some infographics based on templates it'd made. The gallery's at the post The Best Drunken, Hand-Drawn Infographics. You can vote for your favorite, too. Mine was down to Driving Across America by Cross-Country Drives and Drawing Circles by Dr Horrible. I voted Circles. (Driving in Circles - that could be me...)


[ check out my infographics posts ]
[ check out my facts posts ]
[ check out my likes and discoveries ]
[ check out some inspirational stuff ]



please leave me a message if you enjoyed this.
You can follow me on Twitter or get updates from this blog by
following me (click on the Google Friend Connect "follow this blog" button at the top of my sidebar) or
subscribing by email through this form




Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner





by liberal sprinkles