May 9, 2011

iLike: frames, paper, Polaroid iPhone, rings...


Share/Bookmark

Things I love this Monday

Here are some of my interesting finds from the last few days. I've been asked how I come across such great discoveries: it's not through research (although I may do a little to find more information about the items), I just spend too much time on the Internet!! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.



cast resin frames, $65 each

WOW, are these not fabulous? I so love these cast resin frames from thinkofthe.com. I wish I could have some but I think the shipping rates will kill me. I can think of so many things I'd display on them. I've actually seen these before but that was in my pre-blogging days so I haven't posted about them. I think they're do-able DIY projects, what do you think?




the making of a handcut paper typographic sculpture by Bianca Chang on Vimeo

Great stuff from Australian designer Bianca Chang. I love how these typographic paper sculptures really pop out at you. There's so much depth to her 3D designs. Amazing stuff, and all done with just a pencil, ruler, compass and knife. And paper of course. If you'd like to see more art created with paper, check out my paper-related posts on these artists:
:: Ariana Boussard-Reifel, Ferry Staverman, Paper Donut
:: Anastassia Elias toilet roll art / Isaac Salazar book art
:: Jen Stark
:: Erika Iris Simmons



idea for iPhone

iPhone dock concept
ideas and photos by Mac Funamizu
Credit Commons Attribution 3.0 unported license

iPhone dock concept (petitinvention)

How cool would this be!?
An iPhone (make it just any mobile phone - I use an Android) dock that can print out photos just like a Polaroid. Just shoot and print instantly. iWant! Unfortunately, it's just an idea Mac Funamizu had right now, still to be seen if the concept will get developed.



Ever wondered how to get your posts to the top of Google search? Read this post from the Google Webmaster Central blog on building high-quality sites and see if it works for you.

I DO NOT love this but it's an interesting read on what Google considers a good-quality site, so I'm including it in this post. If you can be bothered, read the comments too. Most of them are from people who think Google is full of crap and just trying to make more money for itself from Adsense. As a victim of numerous content-scrapping websites, I read it with a pinch of salt. I do have several very high-ranking posts but since Google came up with its Panda algorithm change, my posts have been farmed by sblogs to the point that they just publish them off my RSS feed now. I've given up the fight. Good luck to you if you're trying to build quality content, first on scoring well in search engine rankings, and then in not having your content copied or stolen.



An "accidental painting" tutorial at Lil Blue Boo. Do you know Ashley's work? I'm so jealous of her, she is the master DIYer, crafter, sewer and she has the cutest daughter. Check them out.



macaroon pendants
by PetitPlat (etsy)
salmon steak earrings
by PetitPlat (etsy)

yummy cream cake with strawberries ring
by MistyAurora (etsy)


Aren't these just delicious?

I saw a sampling of food rings by European Etsy sellers at a Handmade Europe post this morning. Got hungry for more yumminess and simply had to click over and explore.

I especially love the stuff at the PetitPlat store. So cute!! I have a few pairs of donut and dumpling earrings, I wouldn't mind adding to my food accessories collection!

I wrote a post about my handmade rings yesterday. Please click over to see the photos if you haven't alreaday ;-)


Other cool stuff

:: links to handmade flower tutorials at whip up
:: shape-shifting couch Sosia by Italian designer Emanuele Magini via Co. Design
:: free digital downloads of vintage dog images from Cathe at Just Something I Made
:: other "discovery"/things I like posts


Thanks for reading, please leave me a comment if you enjoyed this.
You can get updates from this blog by
subscribing in a reader
following me (click on the Google Friend Connect "follow this blog" button at the top of my sidebar) or
subscribing by email through this form

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner



by liberal sprinkles